English 10 (ENG201) Master Course
Deeper Reading Activities
Mystery Envelopes pg.118
This is a group activity. Each group will receive a "mystery envelope" In the envelope there is a question that the group will discuss and after, share answers as the rest of the students will be taking notes from the other groups.
Examples of Questions:
1. What is the single most important word in this chapter? Why?
2. Which character has changed the most so far? Is the change good or bad? What caused this change?
3. What is the central theme of this passage/chapter/book?
4. Which minor character played the most important role in this book? Why?
5. What lesson(s) have we learned from a specific character?