English 10 (ENG201) Master Course
RESEARCH WRITING PROCESS
Welcome to the Research Paper
For your research paper, focus on the following items to help improve your writing:
- Focus on factual evidence. Shift your focus away from your own personal experience.
- Focus on your citations. Be sure to document your source material in MLA parenthetical documentation in the paper as well as an MLA works cited page.
- Focus on Organization. Use all organizers, prewriting, and outlining to help construct a logical flow of ideas within your paper.
- Focus on audience awareness. Remember to use appropriate word choice.
- Focus on evaluation of sources and information. Use trusted sources within the school databases to construct your research. Some sources within a basic Google search, such as Wikipedia, can be created/altered by anyone on the web and cannot be considered to be a reliable source.