English 10 (ENG201) Master Course
RESEARCH WRITING PROCESS
Welcome to the Research Paper
As part of your coursework in English 10, you will be writing a research paper similar to the research papers you will be completing in your junior and senior year of high school. To prepare you for this, we will be spending four to five weeks in class on the steps a writer takes in completing the process.
Over this course of time, you will discover that writing a research paper is a step-by-step process. It will make you frustrated and stressed out, but it will not be impossible. And when you are finished? The final product will be something you are proud of. After all, good writing takes time. By the end of this five-week period, you will need to submit the following items in the order they are presented below:
- A finished paper
- A completed outline
- All rough drafts (in the order in which they were created)
- All Noodle Tools note cards
- Be willing to participate, work, and ask questions.
- Be flexible and patient—surprises DO come up. Just go with the flow.
- Take copious amounts of notes.
- Bring ALL materials with you EVERY DAY.
Please keep in mind that the majority of this research paper will be paperless and will be submitted via Moodle, Noodle Tools, and Google Docs. Please plan your time accordingly to submit all materials before class begins.