- To identify and extend patterns in sequences
- To represent arithmetic sequences using function notation
- I CAN recognize that sequences are functions, sometimes defined recursively, whose domain is a subset of the integers.
- I CAN write a functions that describes a relationship between two quantities.
- I CAN write an explicit or recursive expression or describe the calculations needed to model a function given a situation.
- I CAN write and translate between the recursive and explicit formula for a arithmetic sequence and use the formulas to model a situation
- I CAN make connections between linear functions and arithmetic sequences, and exponential functions and geometric sequences.
- I CAN write a linear or exponential function given an arithmetic or geometric sequence, a graph, a description of the relationship, or two points which can be read from a table.
insert SUMMARY, VOCAB(Link terms to glossary), etc. here.........