English 10 (ENG201) Master Course
Ch. 6 Characterization Writing Activity
After reading Chapters 1-6 of The Catcher in the Rye, choose one of the following:
1) Hey, Jane. It’s me, Holden.
Pretend you are Holden and write a letter to Jane. You have not talked to her in a long time and you just heard that she went on a date with Stradlater.
Somewhere in your letter…
- 3 points: Ask her some questions.
- 3 points: Recall your memories with her.
- 3 points: Tell her about yourself and how you feel.
- (3 points: creativity and effort. 12 TOTAL POINTS)
2) Journal, Today Allie Died.
Pretend you are Holden and journal about the night that Allie died.
In your journal...
- 3 points: Describe events of Allie’s death.
- 3 points: Describe memories that you have had with Allie.
- 3 points: Describe how you feel right now.
- ( 3 points for creativity and effort: 12 TOTAL POINTS)