US History 1914 (SST301) Master Course
- Unit 1 World War IThis topic
Unit 1 World War I
...Restraints and Involvement in World Politics 1914-1920
Essential Question: To what extent was "the war to make the world safe for democracy" a success or failure?
- Unit 3 The Great Depression
Unit 3 The Great Depression
...The Great Depression and New Deal
Essential Question: How did the US and other countries respond to the rise of capitalism, economic collapse and the development of social welfare programs?
- Unit 4 World War II
Unit 4 World War II
...From Isolation, Instability and Fascism, to Victory in WWII
- Unit 5 Life in the 1950s
Unit 5 Life in the 1950s
...A Changing Political and Social Climate After World War II
9-12.2.6 Analyze the economic boom and social transformation of post WWII America (e.g., popular culture, changing women’s roles, technological developments)
1950's Life and Culture
How did economic and social changes transform American society in the 1950's?
1. How did economic prosperity encourage the development of a strong middle class?
2. What technological advances influencd Americans in the 1950's?
I can statements:
1. I can explain the development of surbia America. (k)
2. I can explain the impact of television on American culture. (k)