Welcome to the BPS Teaching & Learning Academy!
These workshops were collaboratively designed by teachers at BPS in an effort to become better teachers and learners. We hope you find them useful...
Participants will INNOVATE their formative assessment practice by exploring:
- Ways to improve Feedback
- Student Self-Assessment and Metacognition
- SAMR and Formative Assessment
- Formative Assessment for Application and Extension
- Critical Friends Session Items
Critical Friends Session Items
- Spark Session Items
Spark Session Items
- WORKSHOP: Improving Feedback Practices
WORKSHOP: Improving Feedback Practices
- Discovering the power of feedback
- Exploring types of feedback used for formative assessment
- Evaluating formative assessments for feedback potential
- Defining the criteria for effective feedback
- WORKSHOP: Student Self-Assessment and Metacognition
WORKSHOP: Student Self-Assessment and Metacognition
- Developing an understanding of metacognition and how it is important to students
- Embedding steps and strategies within lesson plans to engage students in metacognitive activities
- Exploring, modifying, and designing tools to facilitate student self-assessment & metacognition
- WORKSHOP: SAMR & Formative Assessment
WORKSHOP: SAMR & Formative Assessment
- Exploring the SAMR model for Technology Integration
- Applying the SAMR model to key elements of formative assessment
- Developing and embedding strategies for using technology to innovate formative assessment practices
- WORKSHOP: Application & Extension Assessment Practices
WORKSHOP: Application & Extension Assessment Practices
Participants will INNOVATE their formative assessment for application and extension by exploring answers to:
- What situations/opportunities do I have to create to help students be successful at the application and extension level?
- How can I design student activities that create opportunities for application level formative assessment?
- How can I seamlessly incorporate formative assessment into my lesson plans?
- How can I create clear yet flexible assessment tools?